Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Childrens Views on My Transition as told by them.

 

by Cayleigh Wills on Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 1:15pm

  • **at the time of these writings, they were calling Cayleigh "Dama" - a cross between Daddy and Mama. As of today, they have decided that Daddy (which they used to call her) is no longer appropriate, nor is a name that includes Daddy in any way, and they are moving to call her Mom since they've realized that they call me Mommy/Mama/Mama, not Mom. All spelling/grammar is their own. And.. Lindsey refers to Jayla.. Cayleigh started to transition previously and that was the name she used at the time. We decided to choose a new name together.**

  • Leila (almost 6): Dama seems right. I like it wa mre. sue sems happier. I love it. It is right. I like it a lot. It is gratt. I am prodd. I love her. I like that there r 4 girls and 1 boy in the house. it is gratt. I like it. It's cool. {translation for those who don't read 5 year old: Dama seems right. I like it way more. She seems happier. I love it. It is right. I like it a lot. It is great. I am proud. I love her. I like that there are four girls and one boy in the house. It is great. I like it. It's cool.}

  • Joshua (8 1/2): Dama is tranze jenderd. I do not feel bad. I feel better because Dama's happier. I feel fine being the only boy becuse Dama can still teach me boy things.

  • Lindsey (almost 10): When I first met Dama, I didn't know how un-happy she was. I belive she went back from Jayla to James mostly for us but also to make shure that it was right for her to be a girl. It was so she was un-happy. After a few months - a year and a half I think - she went back to her true self, but she needed a new name. Now she is Cayleigh Danielle Wills. That name is special to me beause my middle name is Danielle. She seems much happier. I feel good about her being transgender. I know more so than ever that I will be exepted no matter who I am what I choose. I am more educated than even the smartest kids in class. I can make myself into anything I want. It is like I am a peice of clay - with a little imagination I may "mold" myself into anything and everything. I feel better now because I know my family is happy and Dama is happy because we have exepted her for who she is. When I first found out, I was surprised. I didn't find out the same way as Josh and Leila did. Well cleaning under the table I came upon a driver's license. It had the name Jayla, but I reconized the face as that of James's. I waited a few months before I sumoned enough corage to consolt Mom. I was cool with the answer. All the puzzle peices finally fit together. The mysterious girl who used to be a boy that mom was talking to on facebook and had dissipered as soon as we moved in with James, the certificates that said Jayla on them, the drivers license and the pictures of Dama dressed as a girl that our father mocked. When Dama took us to the pride parade we experianced just how many people just wanted to be themselves. When she started dressing as Cayleigh it took some time getting used to but now it is as normal as anything eles. Once, we were in the woman's part of a shoe store and we wanted to help so we asked 'what shoe size does Dad wear?' She was embarrest, so we made up a new name. She wasn't Dad anymore, but we already had a Mom. We chose Dama, which is a combination of Dad and Momma!

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment