Thursday, November 17, 2011

Taco Time and sensitivity training

What the fuck?  I went to taco time yesterday for lunch. Just like I would any other day. This time I ordered the classic chicken burrito.  As I ordered, I was referred to as "sir".  Now this I understand and can totally forgive. I have a pretty male voice and it's something I really need to work on more frequently.

I went up to the first window and went to go pay.  The gentleman that was there looks at me, looks back at, what I assume, was his cash register. He then looked at me again and did that little move where you kind of throw your head back a little, trying to do it where the other person doesn't notice.  He paused in his sentence and then continued. Like someone just said something and it's taking your head a few seconds to catch up and in that brief period your mind, body and all good sense shut down and your frozen. Then when it does catch up, you talk fast trying to make up for lost time.

This I was ok with, to a point. I didn't appreciate it and the more I thought about it, the more it really got to me.

In my, not so humble, biased, opinion, companies should have to send their employees to sensitivity training.  If that had been done, I don't believe that this would have happened with this gentleman.  I can understand seeing someone that presents as a woman, with some manly features. Hell I would just chalk it up to strong features.

So I got done with him, and went to the second window to receive my order.  This girl was worse than the guy previous.  She was straight rude. The biggest thing among other things I can overlook, was that as I was talking to her, trying to ask for hot sauce, she looked right at me, closed the window and turned her back. 

I drove back to the office and stewed on it over lunch. As I was eating my lunch I noticed there was no chicken in my chicken classic burrito. hmmmmm..  seems I was screwed again.  I got a veggie burrito not a chicken burrito.

This was the last straw.

I emailed the company and told them what had happened.  I don't expect a reply and if I do I swear I will never go back to that store. 

I'll go to Wendy's.

Am I being over-sensitive? Probably. Am I looking for problem? Again, probably. Am I wrong in being upset over it?  Not at all.

2 comments:

  1. If you don't receive a response tomorrow, I would call the company's customer service department directly. If that doesn't work, call Human Resources. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should never have been treated like that! Shame on them! I hope they shower you with free food.

    ReplyDelete