Thursday, November 17, 2011

OMG....Let me tell you about skirts

If your a man.....I'm sorry.  I'm sorry because you haven't experienced the love of a skirt. I am assuming here of course.

If your a woman, and you don't know the joy and thrill of the skirt, well I have a theory there as well.  I believe that at one point you did experience the excitement that we know as a skirt.  Either you were to young to remember it or you have grown out of the magical stage of believing in it. Either way, I beleive as a woman that you did, at one point or another, love the skirt.

If your a grown woman now and don't like skirts.... I'm so very sorry. I hope the pain that caused the hatred isn't to painful for you and doesn't keep you up to many nights. I pray that you will recover some day. If you need to talk....I am here and ready and eager to listen and to help you find your way back from the chasm of no-skirt-land.

Now, why on earth am I talking about skirts in this manner? 

For thirty.......four (?) years maybe, I was a man.  I dressed as a man, played as a man, worked as a man, loved as a man.  This was all a lie in my head, created to make others happy. (if you read my other posts on this blog you would know that.  If you haven't, then stop here.......go read them......then come back when your ready to read on)

This year I turned 40 and I am a woman.  At this point your doing the math and you come up with a 6 year discrepancy.  Yeah, that is true, it took 6 years,  count them, 6, to finally come to grips with who I am and what to do about it.

As I am a woman now, I have been wearing womans clothes... DUH!!!!

Today, for the first time EVER, I went to work in a skirt and my awesome slouch boots.  No one said a thing and I was received really well.  I did get looks but oh well, I chalked it up to them being jealous of what I looked like cause I looked FINE.

So what right???? WRONG!!! This was a huge deal for me.  I have worn skirts and dresses at home, but I was always afraid that I would be seen as "the guy in the dress". In the last several months I got to a point where I don't really care what people think.

So today, I wore a skirt all day and IT FELT GREAT!!!! The freedom, the feel, the flowing skirt as I turned around to get something from a shelf.  I loved every minute of it.

Even going to the ladies room wasn't an issue. A little odd with the learning curve, but not bad.

So as I said before, if your a man, and you haven't tried a skirt, I feel so bad for you. If your a woman, and have lost the love of wearing skirts, I have an email you can write me and we can talk.  If your in love with skirts, you now have a fellow sister that is love with them as well. 

I will be wearing skirts more often. The down side is that I will have to shave my legs, but that is ok,  I like the smoothness of it.

3 comments:

  1. I have no problem with skirts, except for the dreaded panty hose. Deal breaker. But I'm so pleased it was a positive experience. I am black tights, long shirts, UGG boots, and maybe skinny leg jeans, long shirts, UGG boots; in the summer I will concede to funky sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skirt. I think a lot of women don't like shaving or they don't like stockings, hence, they abandon the skirt. I love shaving (although not daily, as I have sensitive skin) and I dig tights. Tights are awesome, esp. when it's cold or you haven't shaved for a few days. There are so many patterns and styles and colors! Skirts are especially awesome in summer, as they are so cool.

    And many men do love the skirt...they just call it a "kilt."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never wear panty hose. ugh. and if I don't want to shave my legs, I wear an ankle length skirt! hahaha

    another helpful item: leggings! skirts/dresses with leggings are quite popular. if you have to wear the shorter length leggings - you only have to shave the bottom half of your leg-score!

    ReplyDelete