Sunday, November 13, 2011

Harrassment

I came out at work some months ago.  Since that time I have been keeping them up to date on different things.

In the first open letter, I informed everyone that I would like to be identified as female.

Now I know this is really hard for most people that knew me before my transition. However, there is a new hire now. When he was hired he was introduced to me, rather I was introduced to him as Cayleigh. Female. I wear feminine clothing, I have breasts that are starting to show, I wear make-up and have a feminine name that I go by.

During the training process, I was to train this gentleman in what we do.  He is to take over my area, do I had to introduce him to my clients and inform evryone that he would be taking over.

There would be times where he would refer to me as "he", "man", etc... I sent out an email explaining to him that I prefer to be referred to as female.

He still refers to me as male and says, "sorry, I just don't see it."

This is frustrating as hell.

How long do you give someone before you finally just have it out with them?  I am pretty close.  At what point is it considered harrassment? Or is it simpy idiocy?

sigh........

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter whether or not he "sees it". He still needs to respect your gender identity in the workplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would call him on it, politely but firmly. I would inform him that refusal to stop could be considered harrassment. If he asks if you are threatening him, say no. You are informing him. The End.

    ReplyDelete